Conditions Of Hire
Tansor Village Hall has close neighbours on all sides whose continued good will is vital. Hence Tansor is not a suitable venue for noisy events and, in the absence of a car park, parking and vehicle movements are a sensitive issue in the village. Accordingly, please ask your guests to park beyond the Hall and the bungalow next door, towards the A605 to avoid parking outside the residences.
Please do not obstruct entrances and do not turn in driveways as some residents object to this. There is a turning space at the end of the cul-de-sac road towards the A605.
Conditions of Hire
1. Bookings will only be accepted from persons over the age of 18.
2. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Hall.
3. The person making the booking must be present at all times during the period of hire.
4. The Hall will be opened and locked by the booking secretary unless by special arrangement.
5. The Village Hall Committee shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or accidents occurring during the occupancy of the premises. Cars are parked at the owners' risk. The Committee does not hold cover against proven liabilities.
6. While the Committee is responsible for insuring the premises against damage by fire and similar risks, the hirer shall otherwise be responsible for damage to the property, the grounds and or its contents during the hire period. Any damage must be reported to the Booking Secretary and the cost incurred paid to the Committee via the Booking Secretary.
7. Cars must be parked on the Hall side of the road towards the A605 and not in front of the residences. Please try to make sure that private drives are not used to turn vehicles.
8. The Committee must grant prior approval for all entertainment and the supply of alcohol. Where approval has been granted the Hirer agrees to comply with the Licensing Act 2003.
9. No alcohol must be brought into the hall without the prior approval of the Committee.
10. Alcohol must not be sold or supplied to under-18's, or anyone purchasing or on their behalf, and they must not be allowed to consume it on the Hall premises (except beer, wine and cider with table meals for 16 and 16 year olds). Under-16's must not be be sold liqueur chocolates. Under -16's are not allowed on Hall premises if used primarily for the sale or supply of alcohol on the premises unless they are accompanied by an adult (someone over 18).
11. Disorderly conduct must not be allowed on licensed premises and it is an offence to serve alcohol to someone who is drunk.
12. You may not show a film that doesn't have a BBFC certificate and you must not allow children to see films in contravention of their classification.
13. All entertainment and the sale of alcohol must end at least 30 minutes before the end of the period of hire and in any event by 11.30pm.
14. The Hall must be vacated by midnight.
15. The Hirer must not admit more than 80 people to the hall at any one time.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that all outside doors and fire exits are unobstructed at all times. In event of a fire that cannot be safely controlled by the use of the extinguishers the buildings should be evacuated at once and the fire brigade called.
17. The Hirer is responsible for the behaviour of all persons using the Hall during the period of hire.
18. The Hirer shall ensure that no animals except guide dogs are brought into the Hall, other than for a special event and with the prior agreement of the Committee.
19. The Hirer shall, if preparing and serving food, observe the relevant food health and hygiene regulations.
20. The Hirer must not cause or permit anything to be done during the period of hire which may be a nuisance or inconvenient to the occupants of the adjoining properties e.g. playing amplified music in the Hall garden. Nor must the Hirer allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or to allow anything to be brought onto the premises which may endanger the Hall or its contents.
21. The Committee reserves the right to cancel a booking if the Hall is required for use as a polling station for a parliamentary or local election. The hire charge and the damage deposit will be refunded in this event.
22. If the Hirer cancels the booking less than two weeks before the hiring date, the hire charge shall be forfeited or, if not already paid, the hirer shall be liable for the hire charge.
23. The Hirer must complete the booking form and sign the acceptance of the Conditions of Hire before the booking can be confirmed.
24. Bookings are accepted at the absolute discretion of the Committee.
The hire charge is applicable from the agreed time of entry until the end of the event plus a maximum of 30 minutes for clearance of the Hall.
Current rates: -£7.50 per hour for Tansor residents and £8.50 per hour for non residents.
Damage deposit - £50.
Data Privacy Statement
Tansor Village Hall uses personal Data for the purposes of managing the hall, its bookings, finances and running events at the Hall.
Data maybe retained for up to 7 years for accounts purposes and for longer where required by the hall's insurers.
If you want further guidance on how your information will be used or wish to make a request to see what information we hold on you, please refer to the Tansor Village Hall Data Protection Policy and Procedures, available on this website. www.tansorvillage.com
By making an application to the hire Tansor Village Hall you confirm that we may use any written or verbally information provided by you and in accordance with our policy and procedure that this information will be used appropriately and stored correctly.